10-Strike Network Monitor 1.0
- 10-Strike Software announced the release of a new network monitoring program: 10-Strike Network Monitor 1.0.
10-Strike Network Monitor 1.1
- Added drawing response time charts on results of monitoring checks.
- Changed the logic of operation of the "Raise alerts..." setting (please check the Alerts section in the program settings). Added the "Alert during the first check" setting.
- Added configuring days of week for maintenance in the scheduled downtime host's settings.
10-Strike Network Monitor 1.2
- Added ability to configure monitoring interval for each check instead of a host.
- Added ability to add arbitrary textual descriptions for checks that can be displayed in alert message texts using the %DSC key.
- Fixed some bugs in the monitoring engine.
10-Strike Network Monitor 1.21
- Fixed alerts that were raising when a dependent host was become available.
10-Strike Network Monitor 1.3
- Added a mechanism for gathering and storing response time stats (results of network monitoring checks). This data is used for generating charts and colorful reports. Now, you can see when a host was down on a chart.
- Added a response time statistics report (daily/weekly/monthly/yearly average response time charts).
- Added ability to change the TCP port for connecting to the service application.
10-Strike Network Monitor 1.4
- Added the network monitoring settings backup copy creation and restoring. You can use this function for migrating the network monitor program from one computer to another.
- Added checking the program for updates on our web site.
- Added ability to select predefined OID values in the SNMP monitoring check settings (disk space, CPU load, CPU number, etc.).
- Added help topics on all the monitoring checks available in the program.
10-Strike Network Monitor 1.5
- Fixed errors in sending e-mails, adding hosts from the Scanning Wizard, forming stats for a period.
- Fixed installing the program over an older version (the service uninstall problem fixed).
10-Strike Network Monitor 1.6
- Added configuring the program settings folder path.
- Added group operations in the host tree: deleting, viewing state, adding monitoring checks, etc. Hold the CTRL button to select several hosts in the tree.
10-Strike Network Monitor 1.7
- Added configuring the network monitoring statistics database file size limit, archiving and clearing the statistics files when the size limit is reached.
- Added ability to configure dependencies for several selected monitoring checks simultaneously.
- Increased the speed of the program operation when network monitoring checks with several attempts are used.
10-Strike Network Monitor 1.8
- Added sending SMS messages directly via a connected GSM phone.
- Added ability to monitor software installed on computers (software audit). You can track new and deleted programs on remote computers.
- Added ability to perform arbitrary SQL requests in the database monitoring check.
- Added ability to monitor printers (local and networked).
- Added WMI monitoring (ability to monitor different parameters on remote computers via WMI).
- Added ability to monitor mapped drives on remote computers.
- Added ability to configure individual message texts for monitoring alerts. Before that, the message text was configured in the program settings as a single template (it remains as a default message text value).
- Added ability to configure columns in the list of monitoring checks (moving, renaming, disabling).
- Added ability to configure date interval on the "Common Statistics" tab.
- Fixed the ping sending error with packets larger than 250 bytes.
- Fixed the dependent checks and issues with their alerts.
- Added sorting in tables and lists.
10-Strike Network Monitor 2.0
- Added SNMP trap support. The program can receive SNMP traps from network devices such as switches and UPS. Some models of UPS can send messages via SNMP traps and now you can receive them.
- Added Windows Event Log monitoring. Now you can monitor Event Logs, watch for certain phrases in event records, and get notifications about this.
- Added the response time reports for the last hour and for arbitrary period of time. Added the downtime report for arbitrary period.
- Added creating summary reports on the monitoring stats for selected hosts and for all hosts on all maps.
- Added printing the monitoring checks list.
- Added exporting the response time monitoring statistics to a CSV file.
- Added the "Do not run other checks from the list if the first check is passed" and "...if the first check is failed" options allowing you to configure monitoring checks' logic more flexibly. This feature can decrease the network and CPU load during the network monitoring process preventing unnecessary checks. The options can be configured on the "Host properties" window, on the "Monitoring" tab.
- Added SOCKS4 and SOCKS5 proxy support (including SSL) in the HTTP (web server) monitoring check.
- Added TLS/SSL support for sending email notifications via the SMTP protocol.
- Added ability to move checks up and down within one host in the list.
- Added the "%S" key for substituting the check's short status (ON/OFF) to the notification message. We recommend using this key to shorten notification messages.
- Added ability to send SMS messages to several recipients. Use semicolons ";" to divide the recipients.
10-Strike Network Monitor 2.1
- Added the SNMPv3 support allowing you to monitor SNMP devices securely.
- Added ability to create diagrams displaying the monitoring parameter changes in time. For example, this can be a CPU load, disk space, or some SNMP values, etc. The program stores received values of the monitored parameters and can build diagrams for any date or period of time.
- Added the Syslog support. The program can be used as the Syslog server.
- Added sending messages to Syslog as a new notification method.
- Added the file age monitoring (the file creation, modification, and last access date and time monitoring).
- Added the free disk space monitoring via SNMP and WMI. Now you can monitor free disk space on Linux hosts using SNMP.
- Added several templates for creating WQL requests in the WMI monitoring check. With their help, you can monitor some basic computer parameters (CPU usage, free memory size, disk space, number of running processes, swap file size, etc.)
- Added the CPU usage monitoring check. It is based on the SNMP and WMI monitoring checks.
- Added ability to select any existing Event Log in the "Event Log" monitoring check (not only default system logs "Application", "System", and "Security").
- Added ability to copy monitoring checks and create checks using a template. Any existing monitoring check can be used as a template. You can assign the template check to several selected hosts at a time.
- Added the device list importing from a text file. If you have a file containing devices' network addresses you can import them into the program and add to the monitoring list instead of adding them manually or scanning your network.
- Added ability to add user attributes to the host properties.
- Added displaying host attributes on the monitoring list. You can also create the report on hosts which will contain all the existing host attributes.
10-Strike Network Monitor 2.2
- Added a new monitoring setting which allows to consider a check as failed if the check's time of execution is larger than the limit value.
- Moved all the monitoring check's parameters to a didicated page of the Wizard (that page contained the "Dependencies" in the previous version).
- Fixed bugs.
10-Strike Network Monitor 2.3
- Added the IPv6 support in the ICMP ping check (other checks support IPv6). You can use IPv6 addresses as host addresses in the host properties.
- Added ability to disable all checks for a host using its context menu. ("Hosts | Turn on/off All Checks").
- Fixed a bug caused the program to hang when a large number of WMI monitoring checks is used.
- Fixed the monitoring service's hang on its stopping.
- Fixed the Attempts and Delay parameter configuring for multiple selected hosts.
10-Strike Network Monitor 2.4
- Optimized the program operation with a large number of SNMP monitoring checks.
- Optimized the monitoring service's operation with gathered statistics.
- Added ability to specify a unique alert email's subject for each check.
- Added ability to display only failed checks in the list (filter out passed checks).
- Added ability to search hosts by IP, MAC, DNS addresses, and names in the host database.
- Fixed a bug caused the program to hang when a large number of monitoring checks is running (more than 1000 checks).