- Easy to configure! Scan your network and find all those hosts for monitoring in seconds.
- 30+ monitoring checks and networking protocols supported including SNMP traps. Find the comprehensive list of the supported host monitoring checks below.
- Various notification methods. Find the list of the notification methods below.
- Friendly user interface allows you to configure a lot of monitoring checks and alerts quickly. Save your time!
The program can execute the following network monitoring checks:
- TCP port monitoring
- ICMP ping monitoring
- DNS monitoring
- ARP monitoring, MAC address monitoring
- SNMP monitoring
- SNMP trap monitoring
- Syslog monitoring
- Switch port monitoring
- FTP monitoring, FTP server monitoring
- HTTP monitoring, web site monitoring, web page monitoring
- NetBios monitoring
- MAC address monitoring
- Service monitoring
- Process monitoring
- Installed software audit (monitoring)
- Event Log monitoring
- Folder existence monitoring
- File existence monitoring
- File size monitoring
- File date, age monitoring
- Disk space monitoring
- CPU load, usage monitoring
- Mapped drive monitoring
- Printer monitoring
- External application monitoring
- Java-Script monitoring
- Visual Basic Script monitoring
- MS SQL server monitoring
- MySQL server monitoring
- ODBC database server monitoring
- WMI monitoring
- Displaying a message on the screen
- Sending a message over e-mail
- Sending an SMS
- Playing a sound alarm
- Launching an external application with parameters
- Executing VB and JS scripts
- Recording to a text log file
- Recording to Event Log
- Restarting / Stopping / Running a service on remote host
- Rebooting / Turning off / Turning on a remote computer.
The software operates under Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008/7/8.1/2012/10.
The program monitors devices using 30+ built-in monitoring checks which use common networking protocols including ICMP, TCP, ARP, SNMP, and WMI. An average modern PC can monitor up to 1000-2000 sensors using the ICMP, TCP, or ARP protocols.
If you want to monitor managed switches using SNMP, an average PC or server can handle several hundreds of sensors. 1000+ sensors will require more RAM and more cores in CPU. Some of our customers monitor up to 8000 switches on the 24-core server with 16 GB RAM and SSD drives using SNMP. Big number of sensors and short polling period imply intensive recording of the statistics data to your disks (and increased RAM consumption). Fast SSDs will perform better than slow HDDs.
The WMI monitoring utilizes the most of CPU load and 500-1000 checks can cause issues. For testing the performance issues in your specific environment, we recommend you to download and try our fully functional free 30-day trial version.