Audit remote user access to your shared files, folders, and drives. "10-Strike Connection Monitor" is a share access monitoring software for MS Windows networks. This tool allows you to watch who gets info your files in a real-time! The program monitors usage of admin and regular network shares on your PC or a file server and generates alerts when remote users access your shared drives, directories, and files. The folder and file change monitoring is also supported.
The program generates the screen, sound, and e-mail notifications on connections to shared folders and files, and maintains a log file with the information on remote user and computer name, accessed file and folder name, date, type of access, etc. It also allows you to enable and disable access to network shares when necessary using the program's context menu in the system tray.
It is easy! After starting, the application hides into the system tray displaying the program icon with the context menu. With its help, you can watch the current activity on your shares, display the remote user access logs, configure monitoring alerts with notifications, and stop or start the Server service which provides the network access to your shared drives via NetBios (SMB).
The program supports many types of events which can be monitored, recorded to the alert log, and alerted via email, sound, and other notification methods when remote users access your shared folders and files. Learn more about monitoring the access events and alerts...
The Pro version of the 10-Strike Connection Monitor program is implemented as a service. For servers which can work without being logged on, it is better to use the service for share auditing than the regular GUI application. Learn more about the Pro version...
Order now and get free year upgrades and priority e-mail support.
Operating systems supported: Windows XP/Vista/7/8.1/10; Server 2003/2008/2012/2016/2019
Important notice: the program monitors shares locally. If you want to audit access on a remote server, you need to install the program on it and configure alerts and logs.
1. For example, you expect your co-worker to write an important file to your share. In this case, you need to configure the "User connection" alert and specify a username in the alert settings. When the desired connection is established, the program will notify you.
2. A server has a share with important files and folders and you would like to audit remote users' access to that share. Create the "Access to share" alert, specify that important folder, and all users accessing the folder will be logged.
3. A server has a share with important files and folders and you would like to know what files and folder were deleted, created, or renamed. Create the "File deletion/creation" alert, specify that important folder, and all file modifications will be logged.
4. A server has a share with important project files your team working with. The normal working process is when your team members work with some part of the files, only with necessary ones. You would not like if some user to copy or scan the entire project folder. You can configure the "Opened files count" alert in this case. When someone decides to copy all the folder, the program will notify you or an administrator about that and you will be able to warn that employee.
|NEW FEATURES in Version 4.2||
1) Added the file filter function. You can define file masks so if someone accesses these files, this activity will not be logged (or alerted). Now you can filter out logging of the user access to temporary files, the printer spooler files, etc.
2) Added ability to install the program remotely on computers using the .msi installation package and Group Policy.
If you like this program or if you want us to add some features, we would be glad if you send a message to us. Bug reports will be appreciated too. You can send your feedback to us here.