The application allows you to monitor computers, servers, printers and other devices (hosts) connected to your local area network or the Internet. The application checks hosts periodically by sending specific requests to specified services, connecting to ports and using many other methods, responding to events different ways – from displaying a message through rebooting the service. The application displays the host state with green and red colors on the list of monitoring checks according to the successful or failed check results. The program collects and stores the monitoring statistics allowing you to create reports and build charts displaying how the monitored parameters are changing. So you can analyze trends and predict possible failures.
How the program works:
1. The application scans your local area network, automatically retrieves the list of available hosts, and generates a hierarchical monitoring list which can be edited manually.
2. The program assigns default checks to found hosts and allows adding any other check. The following checks are available:
- TCP port
- ICMP ping
- Port on switch
- WMI requests
- Local printer state
- Service state
- Process existence
- Software audit
- Event Log
- Folder existence
- File existence
- File size
- Disk space
- File date and age
- Error code from an external application's execution
- S.M.A.R.T. HDD health parameters and disk temperature - in the Pro version
- Performance parameters and usage of resources (RAM and CPU) - in the Pro version
- Mapped drive
- Java-script result
- Visual Basic script result
- MS SQL Server
- MySQL Server
- Database server (ODBC)
New checks are added to the application constantly and are available in the new versions of the software.
3. The program runs checks automatically on the periodic basis. The host state (working / partially working / failed) is calculated using results of its checks. The monitoring part of the application is implemented as a service and can work prolonged time periods in the background mode.
4. The application can respond to network events in various ways (you can configure alerts and notification methods):
- Displaying a message on the screen
- Sending a message over E-mail
- Sending an SMS
- Launching an application with parameters
- Outputting a sound alarm
- Adding a record to the log file
- Restarting / Stopping / Running service on remote host
- Rebooting / Turning off / Turning on computer.
5. Each check's result is written to the program statistics database for future user reporting and trend analysis.
6. Current check state is displayed on the screen.
You can find more information on the program operation here: How the Application Works
Application's features and advantages:
- Several dozens of monitoring checks are available for the network, device, host, service, server, database, disk, and printer monitoring. Many common networking protocols are supported and this allows you to monitor any system - Windows (locally) or Linux (remotely), or any device.
- Quick and reliable multiple-threaded monitoring engine can handle up to 10,000 checks on one monitoring server.
- Pro version: The distributed architecture allows you to monitor distributed and remote networks. You can set up several monitoring servers with its unique set of checks. This helps to decrease the CPU load on the monitoring server and increase the reliability of the whole system. The distributed monitoring allows you to monitor several remote networks and store the monitoring statistics in a single common database.
- Pro version: The web UI duplicates the main program GUI's functions allowing you to manage your system remotely.
- Pro version: Remote agents can get some data locally on remote computers. This can be the CPU temperature, fan speeds, the CPU or RAM usage, or the S.M.A.R.T. parameters of hard disks.
- SNMP Trap and Syslog are supported.
- Flexible alert configuration allows you to avoid receiving false alerts (dependent checks, multiple attempts, planned downtime).
- Advanced reports and charts displaying the monitoring parameters, downtime per cent, etc.
- All versions of the SNMP protocol are supported for monitoring any parameter on your network equipment (voltage, temperature, etc.)
- Pro version: One common relational database for storing the monitoring settings, results, and statistics. The database engine (Firebird) is fast and reliable.
- Group operations on hosts and checks.
- Navigation bar helps you to quickly navigate through a large list of checks and find those that have problems.
- Easy setup and configuration process.
- Vivid and friendly interface.
You can find the system requirements here (for Pro): System Requirements.
You can find FAQ here: FAQ.