10-Strike Network Diagram: Program Settings
Created diagrams do not always look good. If there are too many devices on the network, connection lines may be drawn too short and the devices are located too close to each other or even overlap. If the devices on the created diagram overlap, please try to change the radiuses and create the diagram again.
To do this, please perform the following steps:
1) Select the Edit -> Settings... main menu item.
2) On the program settings window, select the Device Arrangement section and deselect the Detect automatically option.
3) Edit the default radiuses.
4) Click OK for saving the settings.
5) Start the network diagram creation process.
If devices overlap on the diagram, increase the radiuses. See the picture below. It contains the radiuses that can be configured:
- Hubs connected to switches
- Devices connected to switches
- Devices connected to hubs
- Local printers
You can also select what to write on device connections lines. This can be the network interface name (for example, FastEthernet0/11) or just the switch port number (for example, :11)
The program has a set of vector device icons. You can edit the existing set of icons or add your own device types.
To edit the icon set, please do the following:
1) Select the "Service | Edit device icon set..." main menu item.
2) On the program settings window, select the Device Icons section. Select an existing device type in the list or create a new type by clicking the Add button.
3) In the Icon file field, select an image file by clicking the open button. You can use the following image formats: PNG, JPEG, BMP, ICO for bitmat files and EMF, WMF for vector files. With vector files, you can get the maximum image quality.
To return to the default icons, select a device type and click the Standard button.
4) Click OK to save the changes.
The program supports importing device icons from Visio .vss files. Click the Import from Visio... button and select a .vss file with a set of shapes. New device types will be created automatically and added to the program's set of supported devices.
To update icons on the current network diagram, you need to close it and open again.
To return to default icons, select a device in the list and click the Standard button.