This section of the program's settings configures
parameters for sending alerts via e-mail and SMS.
In the Log field, you can edit the alert log file name and specify the log file size limit and log writing settings.
In the Raise alerts... field, you can select when the program should raise alerts:
a) On device state changes only (the program raises an alert only when the current device's check result differs from the previous check result). You can select whether the program should raise an alert when during the first check.
b) Always, when the device turns up or goes down.
In the Message text section, you can configure text strings which will be shown on the screen, or sent via e-mail when an alert arises. You can use the following keys in the message text:
- %A - the host's network address
- %C - the host's caption (its name on the network map)
- %T - type of the check (ping, TCP, folder existance, etc.)
- %S - the check's status (ON, OFF). We recommend using this key to shorten message texts
- %D - current date and time, %C - device's name on map
- %U - current user loggen on the remote computer (which is detected on the program startup if the "Detect MAC, IP addresses, and usernames on startup" option is selected in the program settings)
- %DSC - the check's description (it can be configured on the Monitoring Settings... window)
- %RET - line break.
All the keys will be replaced by the corresponding values automatically by the program.