* 5.4 * May 2013
- Added the database and configuration file restoration from saved backup copies created by the program.
- Added sending email notifications when new computers are imported.
- Added the antivirus detection when it is not listed in the Windows Security Center. An antivirus could be installed on a PC but was not displayed in the list of installed antivirus programs. Now you can configure the list of antivirus programs to resolve this issue. We added the most known titles to the default AV list.
- Fixed the issue with starting the Agent service after its installation in some cases.
* 5.32 * April 2013
- Fixed the AD importing bugs.
* 5.31 * April 2013
- Improved the License Manager's performance.
* 5.3 * March 2013
- Improved the program interface and usability. Added a lot of tips and annotations.
- Added ability of running some diagnostics tests and detecting potential problems on computers. The program can warn you about the critical state and temperature of hard drives, low disk space, antivirus software problems, etc.
- Added the automatic and manual database backup creation.
- Added ability to link documents on purchased software in the License Manager.
- Added the license key expiration auditing and monitoring.
- Improved the Application Manager's usability and performance.
- Added ability to filter out certain printer names from reports and displaying on the screen (for example, virtual printers). You can configure the filter in the program settings ("Data Filter").
- Added displaying additional columns in the computer list in the web UI mode.
- Fixed various bugs.
* 5.2 * October 2012
- Added the "Data collection date" column to the summary tables mechanism.
- Added the new report "Reports"-> "Report on Applications"-> "Report on Availability of Particular Application (with versions)".
- Added ability to control number of license keys used on computers in the License Audit function.
- Added the duplicated PC detection during the data importing operation. You can see the list of duplicated records found in the database.
- Added displaying errors occurred when data is gathered via WMI and Agent methods during the data importing operation. You can see the list of errors and learn how to fix them.
- Added the automatic remote Agent installation to the program (without using the Group Policy).
- Added gathering the "Motherboard manufacturer" field in the "Processor, motherboard" group.
- Added ability to select a computer group on the duplicate search window.
- Added the proxy server settings for sending data via FTP by the Client data gathering application (NIEClient.exe).
- Fixed the bug occurred when working with Agents with enabled passwords.
- Fixed the background data importing bugs.
- Fixed other bugs.
* 5.1 * July 2012
- Improved the background data importing and updating.
- Added settings for configuring the background data importing and updating (time interval).
- Added ability to import the client data files from several folders.
- Added ability to save reports in the DOC and HTML formats in the program's web interface.
- Added exporting the list of computers to Excel and CSV for editing custom user fields. The edited list of computers can be imported back using the CSV format saved from MS Excel.
- Added exporting computers to Excel and CSV for the current group of computers.
- Added the automatic client data file importing on the periodic basis.
- Added ability to save the selected list of computers to a file and load it back and select the saved PCs on the list in the process of creating reports.
- Fixed the AD structure importing.
- Fixed bugs with importing the client data files.
- Fixed the wrong computer placement to groups during the client data importing.
- Fixed the agent settings reset bug.
- Fixed bugs.
* 5.0 * March 2012
- Improved the data collecting mechanism. Now the information is gathered by a dedicated program (DataCollector.exe). It can be started on the system startup and collect data in the background mode hiding in the system tray. The process performs the scheduled computer scans, periodically imports data files from clients, and runs current scanning tasks when the main program is running. This mechanism helps improving the program's reliability and stability providing automatic data grabbing in the background mode. Now you do not need to keep the main program running in order to perform the continuous inventory data monitoring and sending out the alert notifications.
- Improved the web UI. Its functions are now performed by a background service application (InventoryWebServer.exe). Now you do not need to keep the main program running in order to provide access to the inventory database via the program's web interface.
- Added ability to generate PDF, DOC, and HTML reports in the web UI.
- Added ability to select a group for displaying it in the computer list in the web UI.
- Added displaying "Denied Software" by red color.
- Added ability to save selected computers (when you create a report) to a file and to load it back and select the saved machines.
- Improved the current user report. Now it includes information on user groups.
- Added integration with our network management and monitoring program 10-Strike LANState.
If the program is installed on your PC you will see new menu items.
- Fixed bugs.
- Updated the agent files to the v5.0.
- Updated the client files to the v5.0. Added ability to send data via FTP in the passive mode.
* 4.4 * November 2011
- Added ability to send email messages to several addresses.
- Added the group selection box on the License Manager window.
- Added gathering the list of users groups the current user belongs to (the data is dislayed in the "Current User" data group).
- Updated the agent files to the v4.4.
- Updated the client files to the v4.4.
* 4.34 * September 2011
- Added the "Test" button for FTP and other connections.
- Fixed small bugs.
* 4.32 * August 2011
- Improved the computer group editor. Now you can drag computers to groups using your mouse.
- Added the "Unsorted" computer group where newly added/imported computers appear. It is easier to sort the new computers to necessary groups from the "Unsorted" group than from the "All" group.
- Added the default computer group setting to the client configuration application Client\NIEClientCfg.exe. This allows placing new computers imported from clients to necessary computer groups automatically.
- Fixed a bug with software allocation in the License Manager.
- Updated the client files to the v4.32.
* 4.31 * July 2011
- Added prefixes for adding to computer names imported from clients. You can configure the prefix in the client configuration application Client\NIEClientCfg.exe.
- Fixed some bugs.
- Updated the client files to the v4.31.
* 4.3 * July 2011
- Added the S.M.A.R.T. technology support for hard drive failure diagnostics. Now you can monitor hard drive temperatures remotely. Added reports on S.M.A.R.T.
- Added the UPnP devices detection during the network scan. This is done to filter out devices which are not computers and cannot be scanned via WMI.
- Fixed a bug in the Quick Report function (reports were not created sometimes).
- Fixed other bugs.
- Changed the database organization to prevent issues with the computer list's and computer groups' corruption.
- Updated the agent files to the v4.3.
- Updated the client files to the v4.3.
* 4.2 * June 2011
- Added automatic client file importing based on the program's schedule.
- Fixed scanning errors.
* 4.14 * May 2011
- Added the "Disk size report (total/used/free)".
- Added the "ping before scan" option to the Scanning wizard for faster scanning. Do not enable this option if ICMP ping does not work on your network.
- Fixed some bugs.
- Updated the client files to the v4.14. Fixed the client crash during the file version gathering.
* 4.11 * April 2011
- Fixed retrieving and displaying license information on MS 2010 products (Visio, Project, etc.).
- Added gathering custome user data from the registry (for example, asset tags).
- Updated the agent files to the v4.11.
- Updated the client files to the v4.11.
* 4.1 * March 2011
- Added gathering and displaying the "Security Center" settings: the information on the Firewall, antivirus, automatic updates.
- Added the web authorization for the built-in web server. Now you can configure accounts for accessing the web interface.
- Added importing computer network addresses from a text file.
- Added the antivirus version detection for Windows Vista and newer OS.
- Fixed some bugs in the scheduled gata gathering (the automatic inventory monitoring function).
- Updated the agent files to the v4.1.
- Updated the client files to the v4.1.
* 4.0 * December 2010
- Added the web interface which allows you to access the inventory database remotely and watch the list of computers and their inventory data.
- Added ability to watch the file system structure on remote computers.
- Added ability to watch the registry on remote computers.
- Added auditing computers for software allowed only for some computers in the License Manager.
- Added the client data file importing via e-mail and FTP.
* 3.9 * October 2010
- Added new reports on software: "Authorized software", "Authorized, denied, unknown software", "Unknown software (detailed)", "Denied software (detailed)".
- Added detecting SATA CD/DVD drives.
- Added selecting multiple groups in the group editor.
- Added the following data groups to the report designer: "Authorized software", "Denied software", "Unknown software".
- Updated the agent files to the v3.9.
- Updated the client files to the v3.9.
* 3.83 * October 2010
- Fixed the "Invalid filename" error on the program start.
* 3.82 * September 2010
- Fixed collecting the mapped drives information.
- Updated the agent files to the v3.8.
- Updated the client files to the v3.83.
* 3.81 * September 2010
- Updated the client files to the v3.82.
* 3.8 * September 2010
- Changed the group selection logics. Now when you select a group, all the sub-groups will be selected.
- Added displaying the computer group information to the report templates. If a computer belongs to several groups, the first group name will be displayed.
- Added displaying the current group's computer count in the status bar.
- Improved the program stability when it imports computers from Active Directory.
- Fixed the scanning window hang bug after a scan.
- Fixed the client data collection interval bug (when you configure the DNIClient.exe to collect data once in several days).
- Fixed displaying groups on the Scheduler window.
- Fixed the user accounts self-duplicating on the Accounts window.
- Fixed some minor bugs.
- Updated the client files to the v3.8.
* 3.7 * August 2010
- Added getting the information on user groups.
- Improved the log of inventory changes (works faster now). Added the computer name and custom user filters for exploring the log better.
- Added the Application Manager. You can see the list of computers that have a certain application installed.
- Added the "Denied Software" category. The software that is contained in the "authorized" software list is considered as "unauthorized". You can also configure the "denied" software list. After that, the "unauthorized" will contain the "denied" software and "unknown" software. You can watch and configure all these categories using the new Application Manager window.
- Added the "Denied Software" and "Unknown Software" reports.
- Updated the client and agent to the v3.7.
* 3.6 * June 2010
- Added the 25 PC, 750 PC, and 1000 PC licenses.
- Extended the trial period from 14 days to 30 days.
- Added the hint pane below the information pane.
- Improved the Getting Started Wizard. Changed the program interface slightly.
- Added the "Application Versions" data group. You can check versions of specified executable files locally on computers using the client. Please note: you cannot do this using agents and WMI.
- Fixed the antivirus detection error under Windows Vista and Windows 7. Some AV programs were not detected well.
- Added searching computers with agents running (scanning the agent service TCP ports).
- Added the total report on licenses grouped by products.
- Fixed some bugs.
- Updated client and agent to the v3.6.
* 3.5 * March 2010
- Added the "Unauthorized software" filter.
- Fixed errors with displaying wrong software in the "Unauthorized software" reports.
- Added the license keys monitoring and auditing. Now you can enter registration keys in the License Manager and see how they are used on computers (check whether existing license keys are valid).
- Fixed some bugs.
- Updated client and agent to the v3.5.
* 3.4 * February 2010
- Added automatic notifications for configuration changes:
- Sending e-mail
- Displaying changes on the screen
- Sound alarm
- Recording to the System Event Log.
- Added automatic background monitoring using schedule (beta version).
- Added a filter for hiding applications from the installed software list. You can hide some system and security updates which are not filtered out automatically.
- Added the background agent TCP port checking for displaying computer status in the list (for those computers which are accesses via agents).
- Fixed displaying custom fields in summary tables.
- Fixed getting EDID data for monitors.
- Fixed some errors affecting the program stability.
* 3.3 * November 2009
- Added a report on mapped drives with displaying the drives' network paths.
- Network Inventory Agent was updated to the version 3.3.
- Network Inventory Client was updated to the version 3.3.
* 3.24 * November 2009
- Added counting copies of software (in the License Manager) detected by the registry scanning. When a program is copied to a computer (but not installed), it is not displayed in the list of installed software on this computer. You can configure registry keys to be scanned (see the "License Information" section in the program setings) and all the found programs will be considered as installed in the License manager. However, a deleted program can leave its data in the registry. Such program can be detected and counted as installed. Be careful with this function.
- Added a report on mapped drives.
* 3.23 * November 2009
- Added counting copies of installed Windows in the License Manager.
- Fixed the issue with adding computers to groups during the IP address range scan.
* 3.21 * October 2009
- Added exporting/importing the list of allowed software (in the program settings).
- Added a report on unauthorized software (sorted by software titles).
- Fixed some errors.
* 3.2 * September 2009
- Added ability to uninstall applications on remote computers.
- Added ability to delete startup shortcuts on remote computers.
- Added ability to delete shared resources on remote computers.
- Added ability to kill processes on remote computers.
- Added ability to start/stop services on remote computers.
- Added ability to view the log of changes as a news line.
- Added ability to uninstall applications, delete startup shortcuts, delete shared resources, kill processes, start/stop services on remote computers directly from the inventory log.
- Added a report on computers where a certain application is not installed.
- Extended the antivirus software report. Now, the report has information on computers which have no antivirus software installed.
- Improved the speed of importing client data files when the changes tracking is disabled.
* 3.1 * September 2009
- Added getting information on antivirus software installed on remote computers.
- Added antivirus software reports.
- Changed the Program Startup Wizard.
- Extended the service filter in summary tables. Now, you can define filters based on service states (for example, find disabled services).
- Added the IP address resolving dialog to the IP address range scanning mechanism.
- Fixed some errors.
* 3.0 * May 2009
- Added synchronizing the computer list with Active Directory. Now you can import computers and organization structure from AD. Computers excluded from AD can be deleted from the inventory database.
- Added support for custom design report templates. The templates can be created and edited in the built-in Report Designer. In the Designer, you can edit fonts, margins, colors, add lines and text fields.
- Added the Start-Up Wizard. It helps to start working with the application: add computers, gather data, etc.
* 2.93 * April 2009
- Added assigning images to computers. You can now assign, for example, owner's photos to the computers. The images are displayed when you click the "Computer Information" inventory item.
- Added advanced IP to DNS address resolving. You can now resolve a computer's network address only, the computer name only, or the address and the name both.
- Improved searching for computers by IP addresses. Automatic IP-to-name resolving is disabled. After a scanning, you can select which column to resolve: network addresses or/and computer names. This will give you more flexibility with organizing and maintaining computer lists.
- Fixed printing all custom fields and inventory data in reports. Only the first three fields were printed.
- Fixed saving reports on the "Save..." button. The saved tables looked corrupted.
* 2.92 * April 2009
- Added sorting in the License Manager.
- Network Inventory Client was updated to the version 1.53. Added the client scheduler that allows you to run the client using a logon script 1) once, 2) every several hours, 3) every several days. Run the DNIClientCFG.exe program to configure the scheduler.
* 2.91 * April 2009
- Added the total software by vendor report.
- Optimized the speed of license counting and auditing.
- Fixed a bug with disappeared license information.
* 2.9 * March 2009
- Added the multi-user access to the inventory database. Now, the database can be stored in a shared folder on a network server.
- Added displaying inventory changes on scanned computers.
- Added displaying outdated computers by colors (fresh data - black, old data - gray, no data - red) in the list of computers.
- Fixed bugs with disappearing computers in groups.
- Network Inventory Agent was updated to the version 2.9. Fixed a bug with passwords and custom TCP ports.
- Network Inventory Client was updated to the version 2.9. Added sending data files via FTP and e-mail.
* 2.8 * March 2009
- Added building pie charts and bar diagrams (the "Reports" main menu) with data on operating systems, processors, memory size, hard drives, etc.
- Added a button for scanning outdated computers on the "Relevance of Information" window.
- Fixed bugs with the program's freezing or crashing during the scanning process.
- Updated Network Inventory Client (fixed the EConvert error).
* 2.7 * January 2009
- Added the license manager (in the "Reports" main menu). The program analyzes the inventory database and checks whether you have enough licenses for the installed products.
- Added reports on the quantity of licenses and installed licensed products.
- Added batch report creation (writing reports to separate files without a preview for several computers simultaneously). You can use a file name template for naming the reports.
- Added the old alternative report generator (from versions older than the v2.6).
- Modified the configuration tree navigation. When you select a configuration item for one computer and then select another computer in the list, the program displays the same configuration item instead of moving to the new computer's summary. For displaying the new computer's summary, click the "Computer Information" item in the configuration tree.
* 2.61 * January 2009
- Fixed a bug in the summary table filter. The "Does not contain" condition worked incorrectly.
- Fixed bugs that occurred when exporting data to a database: 1) truncated fields, 2) adding data from previous exports.
* 2.6 * December 2008
- Warning! For better Windows Vista compatibility, the program's inventory database is now stored in a user profile (\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\10-Strike\Network Inventory\cfg).
In previous versions, the database was stored in the program files (\Program Files\10-Strike Network Inventory Explorer\cfg).
If you are updating the program, the data will be moved automatically during the first start.
- Agent and Client were updated to the version 2.6 and included in the installation package (in the Agent and the Client folders).
- Added new and powerful report generator. New features:
- Better looking tables and reports (reports became more compact and easier to read)
- Detailed preview window with scaling
- Exporting to the PDF, DOC, XLS, HTML, CSV, JPG, BMP, GIF file formats
- Exporting to the Open Office file formats
- Exporting to the MS Office file formats became faster (installed MS Office is not required anymore)
- Sending reports via e-mail
- Powerful report editor allows you to edit reports and remove unnecessary data before printing
- Added the "Reports" new main menu which contains many ready-to-use reports on computer hardware and software (about 40 reports!):
- Reports on hardware with computers grouped by the object type: memory size, CPU type, HDD model, DVD-drive model, etc.
- Report on operating systems with computers grouped by the operating system type
- Report on installed Microsoft Office products
- Report on hardware characteristics
- Report on availability of a particular program, and many other new reports...
- Simplified the Report Creation Wizard.
- Added exporting the "Allowed Programs" list to a file or a report (for approval, etc.).
- Added sorting summary tables by any column.
- Fixed wrong CPU name detection.
- Fixed detecting MS Office licenses when several MS Office products are installed on a machine.
- Added a license for IT Service Providers (MSP). It allows you to install the program on a notebook and provide inventory or auditing service of computers to third-party companies (and then export the gathered data to a database or create reports). With this license, you are not limited with the number of computers you can inventory.
- Warning! The unregistered trial version allows only viewing reports. Please register for printing or saving reports to files.
* 2.51 * November 2008
- Fixed exporting reports to MS Excel.
* 2.5 * October 2008
- Added exporting inventory data to a database ("Data - Export Data to Database"). Supported databases: MS Access, MS SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Linter 6.1.
- Added a list of outdated computers ("Data - Relevance of Information").
* 2.44 * September 2008
- Fixed bugs those occurred when the program resolved IP addresses.
- Fixed bugs in the Group Editor.
* 2.43 * September 2008
- Added retrieving of a computer serial number, vendor, UUID.
- Fixed bugs that occurred when collecting information from Windows 2003, XP SP3, XP 64, and Vista 64 machines.
* 2.4 * July 2008
- Added ability to search the computer inventory database for text strings.
- Added a new hardware item "System Model" that shows a notebook's model.
- Network Inventory Agent is updated to the version 2.3.
- Network Inventory Client is updated to the version 2.3.
* 2.3 * June 2008
- Added a new software section named "Microsoft Applications" which contains the information on versions of Microsoft products like Internet Explorer, Outlook Express, DirectX, Media Player, etc.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when the program created summary tables.
* 2.2 * May 2008
- Added copying to the clipboard, saving, printing, and searching on the Internet of the information pane's data. Now you can search device drivers with a couple of mouse clicks.
- Added the context menu to the information pane (right).
- Added an automatic data import from a specified folder. You can import client's data using a shared folder on a public server on the program startup.
- Added extended error diagnostics showing tips on how to solve network connection issues.
- Windows hotfixes are now displayed as a table.
- Network Inventory Collector renamed to Network Inventory Client.
- Network Inventory Agent is updated to the version 2.2. Added retrieving of a license information.
- Network Inventory Client is updated to the version 2.2. Added a configuring program for selecting data groups and copying gathered data to a specified folder.
- Fixed bugs that occurred when the program collected data through WMI.
* 2.1 * March 2008
- Added ability to create allowed program list and watch unallowed programs on remote computers.
- Network Inventory Agent is updated to version 2.0.
Network Inventory Collector is updated to version 2.0.
Please use these new versions with 10-Strike Network Inventory 2.0 and newer.
* 2.0 * February 2008
- Added retrieving additional information on computer monitors.
- Added new vista-style toolbar and menu icons.
- Added exporting software, hotfixes, and license information to summary tables.
* 1.6 * January 2008
- Added computer groups for better usability.
- Added tree-like mode for displaying computer lists.
- Added configuring columns for displaying computer lists.
- Added multiple data file importing.
- Added retrieving serial numbers of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Added filter for viewing the Inventory Log.
* 1.5 * September 2007
- Added retrieving license information on installed software. The information is retreived from the registry. The program contains a few templates for displaying license information for the most popular software. Registry paths for other applications can be added by user.
- Added retrieving information on desktop monitors, running processes, and network cards.
- Improved the inventory log's logic. Added column sorting in the inventory log.
- Fixed bugs.
- Added network inventory collector for getting inventory information from offline computers. The collected information (a file) can be imported into the main database.
Download and install the inventory client application
Refer to the help file for more detailed information on offline inventory collector usage
* 1.4 * May 2007
- Added manager of administrative accounts. Now you can connect to remote computers using different administrative accounts for accessing computers where your current account does not have administrative rights.
- Added remote agents (for the same purpose). Agents collect information locally and send it to the main program (client-server technology). They can be used on that machines where WMI connection cannot be used for some reason (different domains, no administrator access, restriction on using DCOM/RPC via network, etc.)
Download the agent service for collecting the inventory data without WMI over network
Refer to the help file for more detailed information on agent usage (the "Settings" page)
* 1.3 * March 2007
- Added creation of summary tables. Create summary configuration table if you need to collect together hardware or software components from different network computers. You can set up filters in order to select computers with the necessary hardware or software components.
- Added basic hardware configuration on the computer status page (CPU, memory, HDD, video, etc.).
- Increased speed of collecting information.
* 1.2 * January 2007
- Added inventory log, which registers configuration changes when computers are re-scanned. The list of controlled data can be configured.
- Fixed program hang that occurred during searching for computers in domains and workgroups.
* 1.1 * December 2006
- Added the local database for caching the inventory data. Now you can collect the data and watch the inventory offline.
- Added exporting data to CSV and XML formats.
- Added getting information on used space on logical drives.
- Fixed program hang that occurred during generating reports on more than 10 computers.
- Fixed other bugs.
* 1.0 * December 2006
- The first release of the program.